Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Obligatory Toddler in Halloween Costume Post

How was your Halloween?

This year was so much fun! Last year Joe was too young to do anything and I was still trying to figure out the whole new Mommy thing. But this year Joe has taken a liking to pumpkins and leaves and costumes!

We didn't trick or treat. We went over to his great-grandma's house and then over to his Aunt Kelly's. However, Kelly did give Ryan and I a crap-ton of candy so she and her hubby wouldn't be tempted to eat it. Did I mention that this Wednesday ends my 6 week maintenance period for Weight Watchers? If I am still at my goal (which I still am- actually I've lost about 3 additional pounds) on Wednesday I will become a Lifetime Member! So all this candy around me is TORTURE!

Joe had TWO costumes this year! Ryan and I bought him a dragon costume back in September, but then my mom found an adorable Cookie Monster costume and couldn't resist. So during the day Joe was a ferocious dragon and in the evening he was Cookie Monster. You should have seen his face when he saw himself in the full-length mirror dressed as Cookie. His face lit up in surprise and delight and he kept saying, "Ca-Ca!" (His word for Cookie Monster!)


RAWR!!!


Look at that poofy butt!




Of course he had to have an Elmo bucket. I thought it looked somewhat grotesque. It was like Cookie Monster decapitated Elmo and was parading his head around for sport!

And finally... I came across this picture on facebook and got a huge kick out it. The "Funk of 40,000 Years" aroma made me laugh the hardest!


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh! I don't know which is cuter. Absolutely adorable in both costumes :).

That Married Couple said...

I agree - I can't decide which costume is cuter! He looks great! And I love the post title, by the way :)

Patty said...

He looked adorable! Love your new blog look.

Colleen said...

Love Cookie Monster - that blue monster just does me in every time!

Unknown said...

Excellent post! I like this...Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails