Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Answered Prayers!



Thank you all so much for your prayers! I could definitely feel peace and comfort in making this choice. I'm sorry I had to be vague in my last post. I just didn't want to announce anything before it was official. And no, I'm not pregnant!

After two years of praying and waiting for a door to open for us to move, God has finally answered our prayers! Ryan was offered a job in Kansas City!

He went in for an interview yesterday and was kind of shocked when they offered him the job right away. It is a position where he can work his way up the latter. The best part is that he works 8-5 and has weekends off! The job offers great benefits. Another perk- the owner is a great Catholic man with eight kids!

The only downside is that Ryan would have to take a big cut in pay for awhile before he moves up the latter. We can barely make it in the town we live in and the cost of living here is super cheap. We wondered how we could afford to make it in Kansas City.

I was very upset yesterday. I HATE how everything comes down to money. Was this truly a door opening or had we just hit yet another brick wall? But thankfully Ryan's parents graciously offered for us to live with them until we can save up money to make it on our own. With Ryan having evenings off I can work part-time at night and still be able to stay with Joe during the day.

I'm so excited to be able to be closer to family and friends. I'm thrilled that Ryan now has a stable schedule that will allow him to spend more time with his son and celebrate special occasions. I'm excited to be back into a community and have the chance to make new friends!

I write this post with a big smile, but still with a little fear. It's scary taking a full leap of faith in God. It's scary facing the unknown, worrying about failure, anxious about the future. But I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people like you all praying for us and most of all for the perfect man for me to hold my hand, hold our son and step out into this journey with me.

9 comments:

Katie said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for your new found direction!!

Dacia said...

Praise God for answered prayers. It will all work out for you and your beautiful family. :)

Patty said...

Yeah!!!

Catholic Mutt said...

That's so exciting!!

Alzbeta said...

YAY! Congratulations!! We'll be praying that all things work out!

Holly Rutchik said...

Oh Maggie!!! YEAH!! Job news is always good. AND, taking a hit now will be hard, but if he can work up the ladder in a community you love - go for it! What a blessing! Yes, money stinks -BOOO! But to be on a normal work hours, be able to spend time as a family and have a community -this is what helps build up our souls and that is what family life is about.
What amazing news! PTL!
Now - could you say a prayer for my hubby and his job search :)
Peace and blessings,
Holly

Colleen said...

Yay Yay Yay!! I am so happy for you guys. This sounds like a great job, great schedule, and great living arrangement. The money will work itself out - it always does!!

Unknown said...

Wow, Maggie, it doesn't sound easy, but having the support of friends and family can make such a big difference. Well, we'll keep you in our prayers!

That Married Couple said...

Whoo-hoo! That's great news! And so generous of your in-laws! What a great job! I wish you all the best in your move!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails